Saturday, June 20, 2009

Father's Day

Normally this holiday is kinda of in the ho-hum of holiday hierarchy. It kinda of borders on the least revered in the sense that Christmas, Valentines Day, Mother's Day, 4th of  July and Thanksgiving are by far the most popular. Well this year Fathers Day is probably the most important holiday for me. One thing I have been able to do is really cherish my children and the time that I spend with them. Without spilling all of my doings in this world I will say things have changed alot for me in the last 4 months from separating from my wife and dealing with the process of a divorce it has been trying.

So Father's Day is a bigger and more emotional day for me as I transition to being a single father and the reality that I'm not perfect and know matter how hard I try sometimes even that is not good enough. So I will enjoy every minute with the most important people in my lives my son and daughter. As I type this they are sleeping peacefully and I wouldn't have it any other way!

So to all the men out there that are Fathers to their children I raise my glass and I salute you. This holiday is my favorite and hopefully it will be yours also. To those reading this with a father in your life tell him how much you love him.


No comments:

Post a Comment