Tuesday, May 26, 2009

NBA Basketball!!!!

The playoffs for the NBA this year has been just downright the best I have watched in a long long time. The teams contending currently in Conference Finals are just going all out! It all started with the Boston/Chicago series where most of the games finished in OT and it went 7 games. To even right now with Lebron winning a game winner which he contends was the greatest shot of his career. 

The surprise this year is the Denver Nugget. Who would have thought that this team would be where it is at today? It begins and ends with one name "Big Shot" Billups. This guy has been a member of seven consecutive Conference Finals. The guy is a baller no doubt. For those that have followed the NBA for a while you should know the value of Chauncey Billups. Denver's acquisition of him for Allen Iverson has to be looked upon as one of the biggest coups of all-time. Denver went from being a lower end Western Conference playoff contender to damn near knocking off the number #1 seed and punching their ticket to the Finals. Since acquiring Billups Denver has the best record in the Western Conference. Billups as a stabilizing force and leader has put this team in order. With Chauncey and Carmelo running together their future is bright. Beware Los Angeles Lakers the dream match up might not happen if your not careful.

I remember as kid watching Magic and Bird and as an adult that era is looked upon as the time where the NBA jumped into all of the American homes. Ever since Jordan retired I felt as if the NBA has just lacked its own identity. Stars drive the league and now and I believe there are Stars that can stand and produce now on their merits without the hanging comparisons to past legends of the game. I would not be disappointed if any of the 4 teams  made it to the NBA finals.

I'm pulling for Orlando and Denver to meet in the finals just because I want to be the opposite of what I believe the NBA truly wants....Lebron and Kobe. So I will sit back and take in all of these great games and bear witness to the next new age of the NBA. Have a seat with me and pull out a nice Stoagie and enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. You know I am not at all into NBA basketball but even I have to admit that there have been some exciting games! Good comments, you really know your stuff.

    ReplyDelete